From 24 - 26 November 2014, we welcomed 13 visitors from our Russian agency ITRACO at our premises. Both the parent company, which is based in Lübeck, and its subsidiaries in Russia and Ukraine were represented.
The reason for the visit was to attend a seminar on solid and corrugated board prepared especially for ITRACO and its customers by our trainer and diecutting expert Roman Kaschitz.
We were delighted that well-known Russian end customers were interested in this practical seminar. Amongst the attendees who were eager to learn were employees of Smurfit Kappa and various diemakers from St. Petersburg, the second largest city in Russia.
Focal points of the training were:
- Different types of material and paper to be converted, and the properties of these materials
- Selecting and determining the correct creasing parameters
- Corrugated board, the differences when diecutting face up or face down
- Cutting pressure and makeready techniques
- Rubbering the cutting dies
- Correct positioning and grinding of nicks
The theoretical part of the seminar was rounded off with a tour of two plants, involving the CITO Group and its major business partners:
We took our seminar attendees on a visit to leading Austrian diemaker Bieling & Petsche in Elixhausen. The other visit was to Smurfit Kappa in Neuburg, where we were shown around the production facilities.
We would like to thank our business partners Bieling & Petsche and our loyal customer Smurfit Kappa in Neuburg for giving our seminar attendees an insight into the practical side of the industry.